[postgis-users] OpenBSd installation problem

Marcelo Bacha dronsz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 13:17:38 PDT 2013

Hi,

This is my first posting, I´m new to Postgis. I´ve seen similar problems
related in lists all around, but this one, I couldn´t manage to solve.

I have an OpenBSD 5.3 server, with PostgreSQL 9.2.4 on it, which always
worked fine. I have to transfer some geospatial databases from a Windows
server, so I downloaded Postgis from the source (I needed the latest
versions), configured, compiled & installed it.
Everything seems to be fine, but when I try to create the postgis extension
(with raster support) on psql:

  *postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION postgis;*
*  ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so":
dlopen (/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so) failed: Cannot load
specified object*

The paths seems all to be OK:

  *# ls -l /usr/local/pgsql/lib/*post**
*  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1276039 Jul  1 16:50 /usr/local/pgsql/lib/
postgis-2.2.so*
*  -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1208861 Jul  1 16:50 /usr/local/pgsql/lib/
rtpostgis-2.2.so*

(I know it´s the development, and not the stable release, but the results
are the same with all other releases.)

When I try to preload the rtpostgis shared object setting the LD_PRELOAD
environment variable, I get this on psql:

 * $ psql                   *
*  psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
'CurrentMemoryContext'*
*  psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
'SPI_tuptable'*
*  psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol 'SPI_result'
*
*  psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
'InterruptPending'*
*  psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
'SPI_processed'*
*  psql (9.2.4)*

Didn´t find any further useful info setting LD_DEBUG (I may list the output
if necessary, anyway).

Any hint on how to solve this? I´m running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Marcelo