[postgis-users] postgres and postgis upgrade

Racine, Sylvain syracine at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 4 08:51:28 PDT 2013

You have to use pg_dump version 8.3.2 to backup your database,e.g. the
same version of your source database. To restore, use the Perl script
and postgis.sql given with  Postgis 2.0.4. This script calls pg_dump
command. It must be pg_dump version 9.2.4, e.g. your destination
database version. Use "pg_dump --version" to know the version of your
command.

You seem use 2 differents versions of PostgreSQL and PostGIS on the same
computer. To get a particular version of a command, type the whole path
of the command.

Regard

Sylvain Racine