[postgis-users] Qgis/Postgis : impossible to open a project

Morten Sickel morten at sickel.net
Tue Jul 9 07:40:45 PDT 2013

You need to change the connection info from localhost (i.e. "the computer
I am working on now") to a name or ip-address that can be reached from the
other computers you want to work on your project from. Given that the
postgres server is set up to allow access to other computers (correctly
set listen_address in postgresql.conf) this will also work fine from the
host you originally was working on.
Alternatively - if it is a static data base, you can install copies of it
on all computers you want to work on.

the qgis project file is an xml-file, so you can open (or preferably a
copy of it...) in a text editor and change the connection information
directly - just search through it to make sure you change it everywhere
through the file...  (the connection information looks pretty much like
the text in the dialog box you sent)

Hope this helps.

Morten