[postgis-users] RE : Newbie having trouble with Multipolygon file andST_Within

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Tue Jun 25 10:51:57 PDT 2013

Hello,

This is simply a display problem, not missing geometries.

ST_Within(a.geom, b.geom) returns geometries a which are strictly inside b. This is a big constraint for querying.

You should take a look to st_contains or st_covers to see if one of them match your requirements or make some tests with st_intersects.

Hugues