[postgis-users] Google Directions -> PostGIS

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:05:31 PDT 2013

I don't think this would be permitted based on Google's terms of service,
for example:

Section 10.1.3 *Restrictions against Data Export or Copying.*

(b) *No Pre-Fetching, Caching, or Storage of Content.* You must not
pre-fetch, cache, or store any Content, except that you may store: (i)
limited amounts of Content for the purpose of improving the performance of
your Maps API Implementation if you do so temporarily (and in no event for
more than 30 calendar days), securely, and in a manner that does not permit
use of the Content outside of the Service; and (ii) any content identifier
or key that the Maps APIs Documentation specifically permits you to store.
For example, you must not use the Content to create an independent database
of "places" or other local listings information.