[postgis-users] The first release of the PostGIS Add-ons is out!

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Nov 18 10:53:35 PST 2013

Pierre,

Regarding the issue of the repository becoming a mess of unmanaged code
in the over time, we had the same issue in pgRouting and took the follow
approach.

Rather than try to be the aggregator of the code submissions, we decided
to become an index for them. We created a wiki page that would allow
people to place a short description of what they provide and a link to
github gist or project.

This puts more of the responsibility of the submitter to document and
maintain the submission because it is theirs and reflects on them, but
has the advantage to the community that it is easy to find the links
that are relevant to the pgRouting community. It also has the advantage
that we only need to maintain the index and that issues and problems get
reported directly to the submitter rather than to us because we are
hosting it.

A different approach but you might find it advantageous to migrate to
something loser to this model for what you are trying to provide.

However you do it, thanks for thinking about the community.

Best regards,
   -Steve