[postgis-users] missing libxml2.la file when compiling PostGIS 2.1.1 from Source on Ubuntu 12.04

Stefano Iacovella stefano.iacovella at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 01:19:28 PST 2013

2013/11/19 Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com>

> My best guess is that you are using the 2.7.8.dfsg-5.1ubuntu4.6
> version (the one for which you provided the url), and on my system for
> some reasons I have a newer version.
> Did you install updates? Could you provide me your sources.list?

Sorry Paolo as I don't remeber your Ubuntu release.

On my 12.04 x64 box I have the libxml2-dev installed from the official
repositories and it looks like that of Mike:

stefano at ubuntu1204x64vm:~$ dpkg -L libxml2-dev | grep libxml2.la
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.la

stefano at ubuntu1204x64vm:~$ dpkg -s libxml2-dev | grep Version
Version: 2.7.8.dfsg-5.1ubuntu4.6

No problem on my side to compile GDAL

Cheers,

Stefano