[postgis-users] Qgis/Postgis : impossible to open a project

Morten Sickel morten at sickel.net
Fri Nov 22 07:27:42 PST 2013

Hmmm ... everything looks fine.  What kind of messages do you get when you
restart postgres? You are running the postgres server on the same machine
as you are running qgis on?

And by the way, the error message you showed us, means that qgis is not
able to find postgres at all, this usually means that either the port or
host name is wrong, the server is blocked by a firewall or the server is
down. You would have gotten another message if it tried to connect but was
refused for some reason.

Sorry not being able to be any more specific.

Morten