[postgis-users] Saving a split polygon

Peter Brown peterbrown.kew at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 02:41:50 PDT 2013

Thanks for your prompt response, it is nice to know that it is possible,
but the methods you remember do seem to have problems.
- in QGIS I can split a polygon which is on a layer, and under the 'layer'
option on the menu, I call up the attributes table, but that only offers me
all the fields in the base PostGIS table EXCEPT   (a) the  ID and (b) the
geometry
- I have tried manufacturing another PostGIS table with all the attributes
of the polygon except an ID field with all its 'NO NULLS' etc, but then
when I open a layer in QGIS it draws the polygon but shows it as not
editable
You have obviously managed something clever, but I am not quite sure what
Regards
Peter Brown