[postgis-users] extents of MultiLineStringZ

Randy Horner Randy.Horner at nisc.coop
Tue Oct 8 13:48:54 PDT 2013

We have a table in postgreSQL 9.3 postgis 2.1 of  MultiLineStringZ created with "geom geometry(MultiLineStringZ,3857)" When we add this table to QGIS 2.0 or serve it through geoserver, the extents (specifically the max x) is way off (Lat/Lon max X should be about -83.0 but it is 0.34.  Postgis st_extents returns the correct values and when we throw a query using QGIS (select * from gs_span) and then add the layer, the extents are correct.  Any thoughts anyone?