[postgis-users] multipoints to raster

Radan Šuba nadarabus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 01:43:21 PDT 2013

Hey,

The dataset of points is already sorted and processed, the points are in
regular grid and they are not overlapping. The relation 1 point = 1 pixel
can be used, where value of pixel should be Z value. The result should look
like heat map. However, ST_AsRaster function cannot be used for that. The
function only create the raster with "footprint of geometry" where all
pixels have same value.  Any other suggestions?

Regards
Radan