[postgis-users] multipoints to raster

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Thu Oct 10 08:16:08 PDT 2013

I use ST_MapAlgebraFct for this sort of things.

Look at the example in:

http://geospatialelucubrations.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-slow-yet-1000x-faster-alternative-to.html

that shows how to extract values from another raster coverage. You will have to modify the SQL query in the ST_FirstRasterValue4ma function so it extracts the z value of point instead.

Pierre