[postgis-users] spatial index for topology?

Christophe Vergon christophevergon-girtec at orange.fr
Mon Oct 28 01:00:17 PDT 2013

> OK.
>
> So for now, working with a large topology data set is not practical.  Some processing should not be a problem, if it operates on the primitives, which are indexed.
>
> -----
I'm not sure to understand all of the problem, the way I use to link
Buissnes Object (here "tronfluv" ) and Primitives in a request is as folow

SELECT st_AsBinary(st_GetFaceGeometry('topocommune',face_id)),idtronfluv
FROM topocommune.face,topocommune.relation, schemaname.tronfluv WHERE
layer_id=:lid AND mbr && st_LineFromText(:rg,srid) AND
face_id=element_id AND (the_topo).id=topogeo_id;

Nota : :rg parameter who describe a polyline (a rectangle in fact).

It works well and relatively fast with a large topology dataset (23 518
Buissnes Object "tronfluv" in my Database)

Christophe