[postgis-users] spatial index for topology?

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 01:48:25 PDT 2013

Hey,
in QGIS you will have slow visualization essentially on faces.

If your topogeom are based on node or edge it is faster.

If not, I use materialized view (requiere postgres 9.3), as a "buffer" for
qgis. The problem is QGIS 2.0 doesn't support yet materialized view, so you
have to create a proxy view onto your materialized view for qgis!
It is a bit of useless code but it is a great comfort gain.

Also, you can use QGis visualisation settings to make the element appears
dynamically, again this is better than just waiting with blank screen

Cheers,
Rémi-C