[postgis-users] Question about SDE on top of Postgres . . .

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 07:58:50 PDT 2013

I don't know the actual status of ArcSDE in 10.1, but in 9.3.1 they had
custom dlls (or .so) to do some sort of black magic.

I had a case where I needed to install ArcSDE with PostGIS 2.0, but ArcSDE
had to be 9.3.1 (32bits), without the support for that specific version.
Instead of using the 9.3.1 provided .so we used the 10.1 .so, which worked
just fine.

The problem, Paul, is not the client software, but the custom software that
needs to be inside the database machine.

George R. C. Silva
SIGMA Consultoria