[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.1: missing geometry_gist_sel_2d

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Sep 3 02:48:04 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 07:37:41PM +1000, Luca Morandini wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have updated PostGIS to 2.1 from source on Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS,
> but, when trying to build a topology, it is not able to find a
> function:
> <<could not find function "geometry_gist_sel_2d" in file
> /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/postgis-2.1.so>>
> (the library exists and was built on the same date I did the PostGIS
> 2.1 build form source).
>
> By the way, a few weeks ago, I installed a dev version of PostGIS 2.1.

Did you follow the proper upgrade procedure ?
What does postgis_full_version() tell you ?

The missing function should not be referenced by a 2.1 install,
so must be some old type still being around since 2.0 times.
You needed to follow the so called "hard upgrade" procedure to
go from 2.0 to 2.1.

--strk;