[postgis-users] Unable to pass the configure step on HP-UX 11.23

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Sep 13 07:26:21 PDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 03:56:13PM +0200, VEYSSIERE Nicolas wrote:

> Note : I don't have .so libraries after install of geos
>
> $ ls /usr/local/lib/libgeos*
> /usr/local/lib/libgeos.a     /usr/local/lib/libgeos_c.a
> /usr/local/lib/libgeos.la    /usr/local/lib/libgeos_c.la
>

> Is it normal ?

Uhm, no, I don't think so. And this is the likely culprit
of the failing test in postgis, because that test is assuming
passing -lgeos_c is enough to derive the need to link to libgeos
and thus to libstd++, while if only .a files are present I
think -lgeos and -lstdc++ must be explicit. Can you try that ?

--strk;