[postgis-users] postgis raster : viewer with qgis 2.0?

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Wed Sep 18 07:23:53 PDT 2013

Indeed, the PostGIS Raster loader is not compatible any more with QGIS 2.0.
An interesting alternative is actually the DB Manager. You can try:
Database > DB Manager > DB Manager. From there, navigate to the raster you
want to load, and then either drag and drop it to the list of layers, or
left-click and 'Add to canvas'.

Two additional notes:

* For me, it used to work perfectly until a couple of days ago, but that
might be completely system specific (or a recent update broke a few things).

* I'm not sure how complex raster tables (such one with several tiles at
the same position, e.g. a raster time series) are handled, my guess is that
all tiles are loaded on top of each other.

Hope this helps,
Mathieu.

Le 09/18/2013 08:41 AM, laurent a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like load postgis raster data with qgis 2.0. But i can't find the
> usefull extension. Before with qgis 1.8 there was an extension called gdal
> postgis raster loader.
>
> Could you throw light for me.
>
> Regards.
>
> Laurent Celati.
>

> --

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard