[postgis-users] tile size

Duncan Golicher dgolicher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 23:09:20 PDT 2013

I just tried the same using in DB storage. I found that the more or less
monotonic linear relationship with tile size (as was shown on my original
weblog post)   apparently still holds for in db rasters (which I used in
the original post). The overlay also remains much slower than R. (see the
figure in the recompiled doc in which I just removed the -R flag )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2703650/Courses/geostats/SpeedTestPointOverlay2.html

If these findings are generally robust I suppose that I should try to find
some time to compile them properly in order to add a comment and some
figures to the weblog.

Duncan

dgolicher at bournemouth.ac.uk
dgoliche at ecosur.mx