[postgis-users] Bezier or Spline smoothing implementation

Michael.Scholz at dlr.de Michael.Scholz at dlr.de
Mon Sep 23 04:56:22 PDT 2013

Heyho.
So, there is no native support in PostGIS to interpolate a Spline/Bezier (e.g. for smoothing purposes). In my previous post to this thread (http://postgis.17.x6.nabble.com/Bezier-or-Spline-smoothing-implementation-tp4717217p5004219.html) I gave an example on how to create a PostgreSQL PL/R function which calculates such a desired spline with R and exposes the result as a regular PostGIS geometry. It can be directly used in your SQL-queries like any other function. You put in a coarse LineString and get a smoothed curve back.

Michi