[postgis-users] [PostGIS 2.0.3-2] Installation Error

aGlumLieu gbrancier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 05:44:13 PDT 2013

Hi everybody !
I would like to use PostgreSQL and PostGIS but I have big problems to
install PostGIS since one week.

Software Information:
- OS: Windows 7 (64bits)
- SGBD: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 (downloaded with EntrepriseDB via PostgreSQL's
Official site, and installed)
- PostGIS 2.0.3 for Windows 64bits (I have download
"postgis-pg92x64-setup-2.0.3-2.exe" via PostGis's official site)

...but it's impossible to install PostGIS.
When I start the .exe, I choose to install PostGIS in "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\" where PostgreSQL is installed.

During the process, there is a error message (as you can see in the
attachment .jpg)
"Error opening file for writing
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\bin\postgisgui\libasprintf-0.dll "
If I ignore it, there are another error message, all beginning with
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\bin\postgisgui\"

I'm sure that there is no "postgisgui" folder in  "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\bin\"...
Moreover, I can't manage to Install PostGIS with Stack Builder, there is
always an error message (the second attachment .jpg)

If some information are missing in order to help to solve this problem,
don't hesitate to contact me :) !

Guillaume
PostGISErrorScreen.jpg
<http://postgis.17.x6.nabble.com/file/n5004292/PostGISErrorScreen.jpg>