[postgis-users] How to check if two linestring are near to each other

Raghavan Krishnasamylakshmanaperumal rkrish20 at uic.edu
Sat Apr 12 12:41:44 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have formed a graph using my GPS traces of running/biking activities in
which I have many edges representing the same path. For example every time
I run from node-A to node-B my GPS traces are noted close to each other
like the red,green,blue lines in the attached image. Actually those 3 lines
are same(representing the same path), so I want to detect such linestrings
automatically and keep only one linestring and ignore others. Is there any
way in PostGIS which can help me to detect the nearness/closeness of the
linestrings?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Raghavan KL