[postgis-users] How to check if two linestring are near to each other

Åsmund Tokheim asmundto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 11:45:50 PDT 2014

Hi

I think you should be able to use hausdorff distance
http://postgis.net/docs/ST_HausdorffDistance.html to recognize that the
green, red and blue lines in your image are all similar. This method will
fail to recognize shared portions of a path (e.g. if the blue line at some
point diverges from the red and green line), but I'm not sure if this is a
requirement for your task

Åsmund