[postgis-users] curves geometries and topology

Reijer Copier Reijer.Copier at idgis.nl
Tue Apr 15 07:40:34 PDT 2014

Thanks!

We are currently considering using PostGIS Topology only to maintain a
topology aware copy of the data (to be used for analyses where topology
matters) and use the original geometry (containing circular strings)
when we have to (re)generate output geometry.

BTW: Is cgal/sfcgal going to replace geos eventually? It would be great
if this limitation (= curved geometries being a second class citizen)
was somehow lifted in future versions PostGIS.

Regards,

Reijer Copier
IDgis bv

Volg IDgis op LinkedIn! <http://www.linkedin.com/company/idgis>