[postgis-users] Better storage strategy for 1 million tile of 50*50 pixels, 24 bands?

Tumasgiu Rossini rossini.t at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:43:16 PDT 2014

Remi,

I'm interested in the way you handled this problem.

In my opinion, the problem is on the duality of your needs.
Out-db is known to be faster for visualisation.
In-db is better for analysis.

So, a compromise should be made Maybe storing each tile per "band type" ?
So accessing data from qgis would be less painful ?