[postgis-users] TIGER geocoder

Andre Mano andre.s.mano at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 11:39:39 PDT 2014

Thank you for your report.

I followed your suggestions but I run into one more question.
The readme file that documents the geocoder tool says it's necessary to
"Create a folder called gisdata on root of server or your local pc".

What is considered to be the root of the server? The directory where
Postgres is installed?

Thank you for your support,

Andre

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

>  Andre,
>
> If you plan to do geocoding, then you need to load tiger data.  Next steps
> here:
>

> http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.1/postgis_installation.html#tiger_geocoder_loading_data
>

> Hope that helps,
> Regina