[postgis-users] Re : postgis-users Digest, Vol 154, Issue 12

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Dec 14 07:03:03 PST 2014

On 12/14/2014 5:48 AM, Beekk Meess wrote:
> may be the solution exist if there is a way to changing the interne
> schemas(meta data level) of postgis topology

First, please do not post the WHOLE digest, edit it to the message you
are responding to.

As strk (he is the developer and would know what is possible) mentioned:

> No way to avoid a node on intersection with postgis topology
> (and ISO Geometry Topology, differently from ISO Network Topology)
>
> --strk;

So it is unlikely that you can do this with the existing code, but if
you work something out I'm sure we would be interested in see how you
solve the problem.

Also, in your response to my network topology response, we assign
zlevels to nodes not to edges or or polygons. So an intersection might
look like:

                0
               /
        /----1----\
   0---/     0     \----0
            /
           /
          0

The ones are connected over the zero node but not to the zero node and
where 0 and 1 are the zlevels.

You might be able to manage you data as multiple separate topologies and
do something to keep linked node between the topologies synchronized if
one changes.

Beyond that you have not explained your problem well enough for people
to comment on.

-Steve