[postgis-users] Any available Postgis 2.1 rpm for Opensuse?

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:11:32 PST 2014

Hi Marco,

So by "11.3" you mean SLES 11 SP3.
You correctly found Bruno's OBS branch, this is to be merged into
Application:Geo soon.

Yes it is doable to build PostgreSQL 9.3 + PostGIS 2.1 packages under SLES.
SLES is an enterprise product and supports a specific version of
Postgres in the official repositories. So usually packagers support the
distribution's base version, in this case 9.1.
The good thing with Open Build Service is that any community member can
create new packages and publish them to the users.

Best,
Angelos