[postgis-users] [GENERAL] Need Help to implement Proximity search feature

itishree sukla itishree.sukla at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 01:52:27 PST 2014

Thanks for your reply, i am totally new to Postgis.

we have Database, but not ready for Geocode use.  what i understood from
different blog, we should have latitude and longitude either based on
addresses, or postal code we have. However if I will get the lat and long,
need to calculate earth distance to give  location based on user location.
Formula i got, is calculating shortest distance, which always not true
practically. Please address my concern, how i will get rid of these issues.

Regards,
Itishree