[postgis-users] PostGIS and logging

Shira Bezalel shira at sfei.org
Fri Jan 17 10:15:12 PST 2014

Our Postgres log is set to send only WARNING messages and later levels to
the server log. That is, the config parameter log_min_messages is set to
'WARNING'.

However, perusing through our recent log files, I'm observing NOTICE
messages from PostGIS, for example, there are lots of these:

NOTICE:  Self-intersection at or near point -66980.196160571402
-295373.21392871498

We've tested raising notices from psql and they're not getting sent to the
server log -- only these PostGIS messages.

So my question is: Do PostGIS messages ignore the logging configuration
params somehow? If so, is there any easy way to prevent these PostGIS
notices from going into the server log?

Thanks,
Shira

--