[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0.4 on MacOS X 10.7.5 Library Not Loaded: libintl.8.dylib

David Walrath dcw8 at psu.edu
Tue Jan 21 05:01:17 PST 2014

Hello.  I downloaded and installed PostgreSQL 9.2.6-2 and PostGIS
2.0.4-1 from EnterpriseDB.com.   I had no errors during the installation
of postgres and postgis and I was able to create a spatially enabled
database within postgres using the pgAdmin III client.  However, issuing
the raster2pgsql command produces an error that reads:

dylid:  Library not loaded: @loader_path/../lib/libintl.8.dylib
     Referenced from: /Library/PostgreSQL/9.2/bin/raster2pgsql
     Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

The shp2pgsql command produces the same error.  I used the locate
command to find the referenced libintl.8.dylib file and it was not found
on my computer.

Is the problem that the installer package is missing this file?  If so,
is there a workaround?

Thank you.

David