[postgis-users] Removing tiny polygons

Morten Sickel morten at sickel.net
Mon Jan 27 11:15:18 PST 2014

It depends on what you mean with "remove" - do you want to just have the
large polygons without the area that is covered by the small ones or do
you want to add the area of the small polygons onto one or more of the
larges? (e.g. how one typically wants to handle shiver polygons)

In the first case it is as easy as a query like

select the_geom where ST_area(the_geom) > ...

Morten