[postgis-users] PolyhedralSurface support in JDBC

Claus Nagel cnagel at virtualcitysystems.de
Mon Jul 7 08:50:34 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I want to store PolyhedralSurface geometry objects in a PostGIS 2.1 using JDBC. However, I get "unknown type" errors when I try to build a PGgeometry instance from a corresponding EWKT string. From the source code of the PostGIS 2.1 (and 2.2dev) JDBC driver I learned, that both the classes org.postgis.Geometry and org.postgis.PGgeometry lack support for PolyhedralSurface.

How am I supposed to work with PolyhedralSurface objects over JDBC?

Thanks for your help,
Claus