[postgis-users] Using PostGIS topology to clean-up network prior to routing

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 01:34:41 PDT 2014

Hey,
just a trick I uses to make sure everything will work :

_first check befor that every geom is valid, as a length/area, etc etc
_second if you can node your geom before going ot topology

_when converting to topogeom, uses an order by on your data.
_you can modify to topogeom function to add an exception catcher and
another output (a boolean saying if the conversion worked)
_This way you launch conversion on everything and keep the result, then you
relaunch on errors, and hopefully it will work because the topology is
already containing something.

Yes this is less than clean, but it works for me ...

Now if you have very serious problem: go grass 7, then with 2 command line
you simultaneously import your data into grass and push it to postgis
topology. IF this doesn't work you need a third command line to clean your
topology with grass.
I did it it is easy

Cheers,
Rémi-C