[postgis-users] topology, joining attributes

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:17:18 PDT 2014

I have a table of simple polygons named work.aliquot with a primary key
named ogc_fid and several columns of attribute data. I created a topology
and added a topogeometry column and then:

UPDATE aliquot SET topogeom = toTopoGeom(wkb_geometry, 'aliquot_topology',
1);

The various fields and tables all appear to have been populated correctly.

Now I need to join the attributes from the work.aliquot table to
aliquot_topology.face but I'm stuck. I was guessing that
aliquot_topology.relation would be the route but after some experimenting
that seems not to be the case, or else I'm not getting it. Do I have to do
a spatial join to get my attributes from the source table into my new
topology?

Thanks,
Rich

--