[postgis-users] topology, joining attributes

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 01:49:47 PDT 2014

Hey,
the mapping is not direct.
Schematically,
it would be :
your topogeom -> (topogeom_id) relation table (element_id)-> (face_id) face.
Maybe this schema can help you :
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/attachment/ticket/2578/postgis_topology_data_model_explained%20%286%29.png

Your querry could look like this:

SELECT my_topogeom, f.face_id
FROM my_table AS mt
INNER JOIN relation AS r ON (((mt.mytopogeom).id ,
(mt.mytopogeom).layer_id)) = (r.topogeo_id, r.layer_id  )
INNER JOIN face AS f ON (r.element_id = f.face_id)

Cheers,
Rémi-C