[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.1 Install fails

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Jun 15 20:09:14 PDT 2014

I'm trying to install postgresql 9.3 and PostGIS 2.1 on ubuntu 14.04.
Postgresql installs with no problem. But the CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
fails with the following error

ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/lib/postgis-2.1.so":
/usr/lib/liblwgeom-2.1.3.so: undefined symbol: GEOSDelaunayTriangulation

I originally use the stable version, but stable version give an error
pointing to liblwgeom-2.1.2.so. So then I tried the unstable since it had a
liblwgeom-2.1.3.so. But the error still persists.

The system previously was running an earlier version of postgresql and
PostGIS. I removed them completely in case they were causing the problem.
(I did a full dump before!)

Any suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Clifford