[postgis-users] Point clustering function/algorithms

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 09:13:46 PDT 2014

The obvious answer here is to use PLR/R (http://www.joeconway.com/plr/).

There are many many ways to perform clustering (
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Cluster.html),
be it supervised or un-supervised, or even using machine learning (
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/MachineLearning.html).

So the easiest way is install plr (very easy on linux/mac/win), R, then try
one of the hundred of methods available  based on your requirement.

As a bonus you can plot easily the result. I tried this and it took may few
days total to have a working tool (no previous knowledge of R).

You have an entire task view dedicated to spatial data in R (
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html).

On an other end, and if you feel adventurous, you could try MadLib :
http://madlib.net/ (NEED 64b !), which answers exactly to your needs.

Cheers,
Rémi-C