[postgis-users] Recording problems with PostGIS

benebrice brice.bene at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 07:34:31 PST 2014

Hello,

I am currently developing a Rails Application (Rails 4.0.2, Ruby 2.1). I am
using RGeo to convert longitude and latitude to a position with the srid
3785 (for PostGIS). When I am on with the terminal, I can project and
unproject the coordinates without any problem. But when I save the position
on PostgreSQL and try to unproject the position, I have an error coming from
RGeo.

I already posted an issue on the github  RGeo - Issue#65
<https://github.com/dazuma/rgeo/issues/65>  . Overthere everything is well
explained.

I am completely blocked on my development because of this error.

I have installed PostGis via  PostgresApp <http://postgresapp.com>   with
the following code lines to create a template before the migration with
Rails according to this template.

sudo su postgres

createdb template_postgis

createlang plpgsql template_postgis

psql -d template_postgis -f
/Applications/Postgres93.app/Contents/MacOS/share/postgresql/contrib/postgis-2.1/postgis.sql

psql -d template_postgis -f
/Applications/Postgres93.app/Contents/MacOS/share/postgresql/contrib/postgis-2.1/spatial_ref_sys.sql

If anyone has an idea to unblock me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,