[postgis-users] Dted elevations

Gold, Jack L (US SSA) jack.gold at baesystems.com
Fri May 9 10:00:42 PDT 2014

I know this question has already been answered a hundred times but I am at a remote location currently with only email access right now and I hope someone can help.  The following query is taking close to a second to run and I think it should be much faster.

Select st_value from (with f as ( select st_transform ( st_SetSRID( st_MakePoint('106','32'), 4326) as geom) select st_value(dted_elevations.rast, f.geom) from dted_elevations cross join f where st_intersects ( dted_elevations.rast , f.from) and st_value (dted_elevations.rast, f.geom) is not null) as st_value;

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jack Gold