[postgis-users] ST_MakeLine() woes

georgew gws293 at hotmail.com
Sun May 11 04:04:40 PDT 2014

Thank you Hugues (and my apologies for using the wrong name), if I understood
you correctly this is what the code should look like:

WITH line AS
(SELECT geom from foot_cl where (sheet='AT24' AND sid=463)),
cells AS
(SELECT ST_Centroid((ST_Intersection(at24.rast, line.geom)).geom) AS geom,
(ST_Intersection(at24.rast, line.geom)).val AS val
FROM at24, line
WHERE ST_Intersects(at24.rast, line.geom)),
points3d AS
(SELECT ST_SetSRID(ST_MakePoint(ST_X(cells.geom), ST_Y(cells.geom), val),
2193) AS geom
FROM cells, line ORDER BY ST_Distance(ST_StartPoint(line.geom), cells.geom))
 SELECT ST_MakeLine(points3d.geom)  FROM points3d,line,cells

The result is exactly the same as before as you can see here:
makeline.png <http://postgis.17.x6.nabble.com/file/n5006270/makeline.png>

But it should look as follows (after replacing makeline with the points):

points.png <http://postgis.17.x6.nabble.com/file/n5006270/points.png>

Thank you for your help