[postgis-users] Topology: cannot delete slivers (or gaps)

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Nov 18 10:48:57 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:51:34AM +0100, Rémi Cura wrote:
> Note you could have directly exported into postgis topology, which is slow
> but very convenient (stil faster than postgis topology conversion).
> I'm not a grass user,
> from what I understood you have to use the "-l" switch in the command "
> *v.out.postgis*"

I'm trying this out today, and indeed is very slow, much slower than
building the topology, which is surprising to me.

A look at database activity shows that the command (v.out.postgis -l)
is writing _simple_ features in the output layer.  Do you have an idea
about how to skip that part ? (TopoGeometry would be enough for PostGIS
to reconstruct the SFS on demand).

--strk;