[postgis-users] Doubts dissolving geometries

Luís Miguel Royo Pérez luis.miguel.royo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:14:09 PST 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a quite simple query in Postgis but I have problems
with it. I just want to create a buffer dissolved of a set of points.
Only that.

This is the query I'm using:

SELECT  emt_paradas.id , ST_union(st_buffer(emt_paradas.geom, 500)) FROM
emt_paradas

but when I try to execute this, tells me the field emt_paradas.id must
be in the clause group by but if I do that, the dissolve is not done.

I'm in the DBManager of QGIS 2.6. I want to create this layer and load
it in the canvas, for that DBManager asks me for an ID field, that's why
I added emt_paradas.id in the select. If i remove it, Postgis creates
the geometrybut I can't load it in the canvas.

Any help or guidance will be apreciate.

Thanks a lot!!