[postgis-users] PostGIS supported by which ArcGIS

Birgit Laggner birgit.laggner at ti.bund.de
Thu Oct 2 00:30:58 PDT 2014

We use ArcGIS 10.2 for read/write interaction with our PostgreSQL
database. We only have ArcGIS Desktop without SDE. There is a driver
(database client file) from ArcGIS for PostgreSQL, you have to install.
We are more or less content with this concept. Surely, the performance
is not as if you would be working directly on the PostgreSQL database,
but still, it isn't necessary to always export and import into and from
shapefile. That's a huge plus in my opinion.

Here is a link to a documentation site of ArcGIS regarding the
requirements for the interoperability with PostgreSQL:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.2/index.html#//015100000075000000

Regards,

Birgit.