[postgis-users] postgis_full_version error

Ben Madin ben at ausvet.com.au
Thu Oct 9 18:05:54 PDT 2014

G'day Regina,

You have nailed it, it was a database from an old (postgis 1.5) system - so
I actually expected to have many more errors. Luckily it was so old that I
had installed postgis into its own schema, so a simple DROP SCHEMA gis
CASCADE; has solved this problem.

I have 'noticed' this since upgrading a number of systems :

>  NOTICE:  Function postgis_topology_scripts_installed() not found. Is
topology support enabled and topology.sql installed?

We don't always need / use topology, so don't install it... is this notice
appearing a new behaviour, or have I messed up something else?

Thanks again,

cheers

Ben

On 10 October 2014 05:31, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> Ben,
>
> That function hasn't existed for a while in PostGIS.  I would say circa
> 1.3.
> I think it was a time when we were experimenting with using Java and JTS
> natively in PostGIS.
>
> I suspect you have a mix of PostGIS installs.  Did you install a backup
> from
> somewhere?
>
> If so, you might be able to fix the issue by
>
> Running postgis upgrade scripts.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Regina
> http://www.postgis.us
> http://postgis.net

> --------------------------
> G'day all,
>
> I'm not sure if this is a postgis or an ubuntu issue, but having just
> installed postgis on to ubuntu 14.04 from the pgdg repository, I am getting
> this error :
>
>   # select postgis_full_version();
>   ERROR:  function postgis_jts_version() does not exist
>   LINE 1: SELECT postgis_jts_version()
>                  ^
>   HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
> need to add explicit type casts.
>   QUERY:  SELECT postgis_jts_version()
>   CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function postgis_full_version() line 15 at SQL
> statement
>

> I have previously installed onto many Ubuntu 12.04 without this problem. I
> guess there are two parts:
>
> 1. do I have / need jts (it is showing geos 3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921) ?
>
> 2. if I don't have it, should it fail completely, or just return NULL ?
>
> cheers
>
> Ben

Ben Madin