[postgis-users] Getting Started with PostGIS on Windows: Request for documentation review.

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Tue Oct 28 13:58:21 PDT 2014

Hello,

I would like a peer review of some documentation that I put together that covers how to get started with PostGIS on Windows.  The instructions that I have work, but I do not know if they are correct, or secure.  The documentation is located at:  http://geomoose.lyonco.org/PostGIS_New_Documentation.docx. I am putting this documentation together so that I have more of a step by step instruction set that will allow myself or other people the ability to use PostGIS as a backbone to share our GIS data in an organization to ArcView, AutoCAD Map, MapServer, and QGIS users.

Some of the concerns that I have are:

*         Do I have the permissions set up correct?

*         In the past I was able to preview data in ArcCatalog. I cannot replicate the steps to allow previewing in Arc Catalog.    Am I missing something?

*         I cannot view the default permissions for user groups in PGAdmin III in Windows.  Is there any reason why?  Note:  I was able to work around the issue by running SQL.

Thank You for help.

Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP