[postgis-users] pointcloud : change pcid ?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Oct 30 17:04:15 PDT 2014

Correct, I was thinking more PC_Transform(pcpatch, pcid), which would look
for common dimension names and map between them by default, or could maybe
accept a mapping (dim->dim) to control the conversion. But yes. Danger I
suppose in downgrading data (pushing a 4 byte into 2 byte) but that could
be left to users to avoid or not on their own (emit warnings on downgrades
maybe).