[postgis-users] ST_Value on tiled raster

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Tue Apr 21 10:10:01 PDT 2015

Hi Carl,

I may be reading too much into your message, but my spidey sense tells me you might be using ST_Value inside a loop to get values to put in an equation (or to evaluate thresholds), thereby constructing an output raster. If this is the case, a more efficient way to proceed may be to use ST_MapAlgebra (for equations), or ST_Reclass (for thresholds).  No muss no fuss.

Hope that helps,
Bryce