[postgis-users] Loading a PostGIS dump

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:30:08 PDT 2015

postgis_restore.pl ran overnight and from the time on the error file
appeared to complete early this morning. Total time ~20 hrs.

Paul, thanks for reassuring me that things were probably chugging
along fine, and suggesting using `top` to check the process.

Brian, I was able to query the database during the load and see that
some tables had already been created and some data had already been
loaded.

Regina (?), your suggestion to use `pg_stat_activity` came after I had
left the office, and the load was completed by the time I came in. But
I will keep this in mind. Frankly, I do use this to check status of
long-running queries, but hadn't thought to use it to monitor a load.

Best,
--Lee

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:
> As I recall, I think  pg_stat_activity shows database restore work.  So I
> would run something like
>

> SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE datname='mydb';
>

> Replacing mydb with your db.

Lee Hachadoorian
Asst Professor of Geography, Dartmouth College
http://freecity.commons.gc.cuny.edu/