[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.1 CREATE EXTENSION vs Loading postgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql

BladeOfLight16 bladeoflight16 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 02:05:25 PST 2015

> I have double checked my code 'layer_id' is coming straight from calling
> $dbh->primary_key( undef, undef, 'layer');

Your table doesn't even have a layer_id column. Try this query to be
sure: SELECT
layer_id FROM layer;. It should error out saying that the column doesn't
exist. It definitely doesn't have any columns that use PostGIS data types,
so I see no reason why PostGIS would affect anything related to this table.
If you're looking at different copies of your database, make *extra* sure
that they're really identical.

Aside from that, I'd dig up some documentation of that function and look it
over; I wasn't able to find any after a few minutes of searching on Google.
PostGIS still seems like an extremely unlikely source for the problem.